1. "Epidemic" or "Pandemic" Re: The Swine Flu- Look up what those words actually mean, then shut up.
2. "In this economy"- Yes, it sucks, but it not one's personal justification for everything.
3. "Nazi, " "Communism" or "Socialism" Re: Health Care Reform- Those words don't mean what you think they mean...at least not in this context.
4. "Water Cup"- Dear Toddler...this one is for you. You do not need to have a sippy cup hanging from your face 24/7. Honest, you will live.
5. "You should call your OB."- Yeah, not so much. Some of us don't feel a need to use pregnancy as an attention getting mechanism. My OB has enough to do without me calling a hundred times a week because my stomach/gallbladder/ass/elbow is out of joint. (Mind you I am still milking this condition for all it is worth, but enough is enough.)
6. "Mini-Van" or "SUV"- Lots of people have two kids and a sedan. Plus, I like my car, it is fast and hot looking, unlike me and my childbearing body.
7. "What you should do is..."- Yeah, I am sure I don't need to elaborate on this one....
8. "Attachment Parenting"- I LOVE attachment parenting, and do a lot of it with my daughter(s), but really? It is just common sense people, not your personal validation for why you are a better mother. (Irritating woman at swim class with the superiority complex because she is still nursing her three year old...this one is for you.) Let's not treat it like a sacred religious doctrine.
See many better, and possibly less hormonally hostile, lists at Listless Mondays courtesy of abdpbt.com.
"Epidemic" Cartoon by Peter Nicholson of The Australian newspaper.