Many of these are topics that I am planning posts about, but for now, here is some information everyone should know. All of these were inspired by books I have read and hope to discuss, or just topics that struck my fancy. After all this is The Well-Read Mom.
1. Everything, including you, is made of chemicals. When you say you are on a “chemical free” diet, you will have to give up oxygen, so not sure how that will work.
2. Your kitchen is probably way grosser than your bathroom. Never mind that your washer doesn’t get your clothes that clean. I hate to even think about it…
3. Organic food technically requires the use of far more resources than non-organic. Might be healthier, and theoretically sustainable, but it may not be “greener.”
4. The food guide pyramid is a joke. The new Mayo Clinic Diet is based on the pyramid initially suggested to the FDA. It was rejected based on budgetary concerns for programs like WIC, food stamps etc.
5. Military Health Insurance is not actually “free.” Actually you, as taxpayers, fund it, so next time you think I shouldn’t complain because it free, remember that fact.
If you liked this snark, check back in for expanded ramblings soon!
See many great lists thanks to: