Here are the important details:
- Black tie optional (so annoying I know)
- Afternoon church ceremony
- A significant break between the ceremony and reception.
- Evening reception at swanky hotel.
- The bridal party is probably in black.
- I have needed shoes, jewelry etc for all of them, just need a wrap to match the chosen dress, I can grab that on Thursday as needed thanks to the presence of a Charming Charlie at the mall two blocks away.
- DH will be in choker whites (yeah baby, that really...um.."works" for me)
So here are the choices:
A-Pretty basic dress, I have worn this to a few formal, military affairs. Technically a pattern, not as white as it looks here.
B-New "little black dress" very cute, easily dressed up with jewelry however, not sure about the whole "black in the afternoon"/matching the bridal party thing.
C-The current pick so far. Less than full cocktail dress, yet more than a sundress.
D-Yellow veteran of other military events, not sure about the color, but Allure says this yellow is being shown on all the runways if that makes a difference.
E- Dressiest option, love this dress, but is it too much for the afternoon and/or is a flaming crimson dress a bit slutty for a church affair?
Oy the dramas. I am grateful for all input! Let me know your choice in the comments and/or in the poll on the right.
Thanks so much!