The rules are simple: share all that crap that is rattling around in your brain and then we can discuss, or not...its all good.
- I am getting some nitrous at the dentist. That sounds good to me, the local doesn't have to be perfect assuming I am high off my ass... based on my experiences with Valium and Stadol, I reckon I wont much care!
- I am so excited. I have brokered a deal with my three-year old such that she actually naps, or at least stays in bed, quiet, every day. Anyone with kids understands that, if I play my cards right, I can get 20-60 whole minutes to myself everyday. This is huge.
- We are getting a new car. It is exhausting.
- The new car is/will be a Subaru Outback. Does this make me an SUV driver? How do I feel about that?
- I think The Big Gay Sketch Show may be the greatest thing ever put on TV. I have developed and obsession with LOGO that borders on pathological.
- As the kids head to pre-school, the alpha-mommy dramas around here are getting a bit out of hand. I am starting to dread story-time and I really think I need to examine this whole alpha-mommy phenomenon more closely. (I also need to thank my lucky stars that I am headed out of here for Fall Enrollment because Holy Christ, this is way too serious for me.)
- As a follow-up to the alpha-mommy thing I am thisclose to writing the cliched mommy-blog post about "why can't we all just get along." I mean really, are we all so worked up about what other people choose to do that we can't be civil? Why not? What is it about the current crop of parents that has turned having a family into blood sport?
- I am so looking forward to being in a real-house in CT. Sure it wil be huge and require much more cleaning, but I kind of think it will be easier since each room wont have to be serving 3-4 purposes simultaneously. Hope springs eternal!
There you have it, my first collection of random thoughts that are pinging around my brain...some might become posts, others, not so much. Ah, I feel much better and now, we can enter the weekend with our minds a little less cluttered.
This weeks Players:
Want to play? Just empty your head, grab this button and let me know you are participating via e-mail or in the comments. Enjoy!