- I don't get Twitter, as in I literally don't get how it works or why one would do it. I realize that this may be a stumbling point if I ever actually want to break into the blog world. Oh well, looks like I am Luddite at heart. Please enlighten me if it just the "bee's knees" or whatever.
- I recently learned that this year not only will the flu vaccine be a combination of seasonal and H1N1, but it should be available in "mist" style for Cha Cha. I pretty much hate the whole flu shot debacle (see here and here), but not vaccinating would be a total jerk-face thing to do, so hey, I will go for this silver lining. Little Cheese will still have to get the shot, but DH, Cha Cha and I may be spared a poke. (Disclaimer: this is what the medic at the Naval Hospital said; I cannot confirm nor deny these claims and what is available via the Military Health system may not mirror what is generally out there. Please forgive me if this is erroneous.)
- On that note, while TRICARE is a nightmare (as is most insurance), I am so grateful to have access to the Military Health System. As one of the first major institutions to jump on board the whole "evidence based medicine" train, the care is top of the line. I really like how my doctors use the most progressive (though that is not really the right word) approaches since the MHS tends to implement policies based on newer research with comparative alacrity. An all the pediatricians are super cute!
- I am canceling my YMCA membership early. Sadly I have discovered that getting both the kids up, fed, cleaned up dressed, loaded up, walked the few blocks, re-pottied/changed and finally, successfully signed them into child-watch is wildly time consuming. I am much better off just putting them in the jogger (pjs and all if needed) and hitting the pavement. I have to cancel in a few weeks anyway, so might as well just get it over with and pocket the cash. Progress on 5K plan is glacial at best, but hey, at least I think about it once in a while.
- I am in love with my new Microsoft Office. Now I can type posts with full spelling and grammar check, then, as if my magic, BAM! Uploaded to the blog. Isn't technology grand?
- Looks like I may be shopping for a vacuum this weekend…Any suggestions? Also, we will be looking at new washers and dryers once we move, I am open to input there too.
This week's players:
Want to play? Just post your lovely randomness and grab this button. Let me know you are participating either in comments or via e-mail and I will link you up!