- I know we are not supposed to do it, but I think that, to a certain degree, comparing kids is kind of okay. I actually enjoy seeing my girls interact with other kids and having some more data points to consider. Usually I can see areas where they are a bit ahead, area where they are pretty average and areas where they lagging a bit. I think this is okay as long as we realize that it is not a competition and/or a missed milestone does not immediately mean a huge intervention is required. This is all just useful information to help gain a better picture of how our kids are doing.
- I am currently typing this sitting outside Cha Cha's door while she falls asleep. This is not because she has some kind of attachment issue but because I am just that sick her farting around at bedtime that I am willing to enforce a police state until she caves and just goes to freaking sleep already. I am taking all bets as to who is more stubborn, who will crack first and how many nights it will take before she accepts the cold hard reality of bedtime. After all, it's not like she has had the same bed-time routine for 2.5 years, clearly this is all a HUGE surprise to her!
- I am actually getting some knitting done, so that has been nice. You can check all that out here at Full Of Knit. (I know my crafting obsession is not that interesting to everyone…)
- Great sales this week at the mall. Eddie Bauer, Yankee Candle, Bath and Body Works and Victoria's Secret are all in full summer sale swing. I must get to Vickie's for she, and she alone, makes the BioFit bras. Just trust me, they rock.
- I got a mandolin food slicer for an early birthday gift from my ILs. It is quite cool. I figure it is really the fastest way to ensure I lose a few fingers, but hey, any price for waffle fries!
- We have a date for packers and movers, the end is near! I am also finally going to get this last wisdom tooth done. Things are finally starting to wrap up around here, and for that, I am very grateful.
This week's players:
- Want to play? Just post your lovely randomness and grab this button. Let me know you are participating either in comments or via e-mail and I will link you up!