- Got the Facebook page up and running...and I kind of hate it already. I guess it promotes the blog, but it doesn't do what I want it to do: to act as The Well-Read Mom the entity. I made a Facebook persona (Alexis Well-Read) to run it and to play with the other blogs, but that is unsatisfactory too. I guess it is really about where I want my "real" life to intersect my blog life.
- I have a theory that why men are "bad" at housework has to do with the larger social issue of how women are more trained to understand meta-messages. I think this explains why Chris and I have very different version of just what it means for a job to be "done."
- I am fascinated by the phenomenon by which the parents of boys have such a wild aversion to anything that might be even slightly construed as "girly." I know that is painting with broad strokes, but man, being a mom to a boy is apparently serious fucking business and no, the pink lids on those sippy cups WILL NOT be acceptable for my precious miracle. I thinks some of it is cultural, I think it has a bit to do with socioeconomic status and a lot to say about the odd man out sexism where girls can be tom-boys but boys certainly better not be hosting tea parties. I appreciate that most of my readers don't feel this way, but as a society, the sentiment seems awfully pervasive.
- Have I ever mentioned that I have a huge crush on Stephen Colbert? Well, I do. That is all.
- A week from today, my baby, my last baby, will be one. I wont miss having an infant, and I certainly don't want to do this again, but it is a bit sad that our baby days are officially drawing to a close.
Want to play? Just post your lovely randomness and grab this button. Let me know you are participating either in comments or via e-mail and I will link you up!