Thanks to Sundry I am able to wrap up all the stuff I wanted to talk about! You can see in her comments that lots of people did this and it is fun to see how everyone sees the events of 2010.
What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?
* Discovered I actually can like running,
* Contemplated moving to the west coast and did not dread the idea
* Traveled off the eastern Seaboard
* Was a mom to two kiddos
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I did okay with them this year and yes, I have a few goals in the works for 2011.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
This was relatively baby-free year…
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
The good old US and sadly not much else.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
A better day-to-day game plan. I feel like we are only just coming out of the baby induced haze and starting to think about getting on a better daily schedule.
7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I can't specify certain dates, but it was a year of firsts for both kids and we certainly accomplished so much. Highlights include: Chris getting his masters, Cha Cha's first dance recital, Bitz learning to walk and….well, too many to even list really.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Buying the new car, we paid cash and it was a huge deal to have that kind of "adult" buying power and we were able to do it while keeping on track with our other financial goals. I am proud to see our hard work saving up that money pay off and it makes me think that other financial goals are much more surmountable.
Second would be getting my wisdom teeth done because it was a huge step for me to overcome my fear of having dental work done.
9. What was your biggest failure?
As always, the working out and a general lack of caring for myself. I know that sometimes putting yourself first is the best thing you can do for your kids, but that is a barrier I really need to overcome.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing major, just the usual rounds of flu, sprained feet, colds, rashes and the like.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
The treadmill and the Britax Carseats. After the car those are the big-ticket items that really made my life so much easier and pleasant.
12. Where did most of your money go?
Groceries, baby stuff, rent/bills, the move…though a pleasing chunk did make it to saving and for that, I am grateful.
13. What did you get really excited about?
Moving to CT. I love the northeast. The news that we had actually earned the coveted CT spot meant a lot to us both for the family and as a reflection of how Chris is doing in his work. Without going into the gory details of how detailing for Navy jobs works, it was a major step forward for his career to be chosen for this position.
14. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Mumford and Sons "Little Lion Man" because I love it and Taoi Cruz "Dynamite" because the girls love that song.
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder? Happier
– thinner or fatter? 'Bout the same, but a bit heavier.
– richer or poorer? Pretty even, still in the black so that is great.
16. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Taken more time for just me while Chris was around. We are counting down to single-parenting and I am kind of dreading it.
17. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Stressing, I can't change it, but I know it is a major personality flaw.
18. How did you spend Christmas?
Just the four of us, quiet in CT, then it snowed and the season was perfect.
19. What was your favorite TV program?
TrueBlood, Modern Family, Archer and a general love of streaming NetFlix for the Wii.
20. What were your favorite books of the year?
I read many, but The Wrong Mother is probably my favorite.
21. What was your favorite music from this year?
I was totally into cheesy dance stuff: Kei$ha, Lady Gaga etc. It is embarrassing, but true.
22. What were your favorite films of the year?
Bottle Shock, Its Complicated….probably not from this year, but the ones I liked best that I saw this year.
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 28 and I recovered from wisdom tooth surgery. I did get the LEGO Medieval Village, so that was pretty sweet.
24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Merry Maids- I could really get my act together with the kids and the working out and the…everything if cleaning were off the "to do" list.
25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Yoga capris because it was a million degrees in VA…now moving into kind of retro look with cardis and mary janes, I hope anyway. Part of the plan to get in better shape and shed a few pounds is so that I can look cute in the clothes I have. They all fit, but they could look better.
26. What kept you sane?
Chris, knitting, blogging and coffee.
27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
Enjoy the kids, the drive you crazy but they are sooooo cool! Be more spontaneous and that letting go of a little control is okay.