- Clean up my potty mouth- This was neither a raging success nor a complete failure. I am better and the only "bad" word Cha Cha seems to have picked up on is "hell" so, hey, it could be worse.
- Run a 5K- In terms of running the actual race this was an epic fail, but I will give myself half credit for getting into a love of getting some exercise. I am jazzed to move the treadmill back into the living room and I have learned to actually enjoy the process of working out. I think 2011 will see some greater strides in that department.
- The 52 Books in 52 Weeks challenge- I actually completed this one and may even exceed it by the start of 2011. I am very pleased with this one since I did not force myself to do it, apparently I just like to read. I am not saying that everything I read was literary genius, but I was flexing the old brain a bit.
- Dye all my yarn blanks- Total failure. There they be, just sitting there with all the stuff, mocking me....bah!
- Make one adult sized garment- Another half-credit one here. Started a shawl, but had to rip it all out, and I am now about a 1/3 of the way through a sweater vest for myself (it is not as hideous as it sounds I promise.) I did make a lot of progress with my crafting, so the year was not at all a loss.
- Make 25 items for Charity- Nailed it. I did a total of 25 baby hats for Hot Heads Happy Hearts, did a hat, scarf and pair of mittens for the local Mad Hatters Charity Group and made 50 polar fleece scarves for local social services.
- Make more food from scratch- I can count on one hand the number of times I bought bread this year and I have been doing a much better job cooking instead of doing take-out or prepared food. Not a great job mind you, but a better one. I can honestly say that I have re-framed how I select and prepare most of what we eat so I am pretty proud of that.
How about everyone else? What were your successes (and "not successes") of 2010? I am running at about 57% success so I guess that is not too bad...