- Throw Out Fifty Things by Gail Blanke- This will get you a clean slate for your home and your mind.
- Remarkable Creatures by Tracy Chavalier- Just a great novel with a neat historical twist.
- The End of the Alphabet by C.S. Richardson- Quick little book with a hugely moving tale.
- The Last Apprentice: Revenge of the Witch by Joseph Delaney- Young adult, but pretty good. Just the right combination of "coming of age" and "a bit dark."
- The House on Eccles Road by Judith Kitchen- If you are a spouse and/or parent, then you get this book.
- Know-It-All by A.J. Jacobs- Just hilarious, and somewhat education, in an odd-"rainman" kind of way.
- The Wrong Mother by Sophie Hannah- Just wow. Super scary and so good.
- Eva Moves The Furniture by Margot Livesey- A bit supernatural, a bit growing up "odd" and very emotionally fulfilling.
- In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan- how to eat like a real person, what a concept.
Happy reading in 2011!
Check out more great lists courtesy of Listless Mondays at abdpbt.com .