A key component of these runs is the soundtrack. Somehow the right music, at the right time, can change a sucky run into a perfect candidate for an cheery 80s workout montage. My parents are generously sponsoring me in getting a new iPod for my birthday (my phone does music, but for a litany of reasons, it is less than ideal) so I must build a few running playlists.
These are my current favorites to get my buns moving*....please chime in with your favorite workout music too!
- Down by Jay Sean
- Check It Out by Nicki Minaj and Will.I.Am
- Sandstorm by Darude
- Sexy Bitch/Chick by David Guetta
- Right Round by Flo Rida
- Taio Cruz (pretty much anything he does)
- Evacuate the Dance Floor by Cascada
- All The Things She Said by t.A.t.U.
- Bulletproof by LaRoux
- You're So Vain by Carly Simon
- Don't Stop Believing by Journey (or the Glee kids)
- Bad Romance/Poker Face by Lady Gaga
- Forever by Chris Brown (I know, straight to hell foe this one.)
- If U Seek Amy/ Dance Until The World Ends by Britney Spears
- I Kissed a Girl by Katy Perry
*DISCLAIMER: I have genuinely awful taste in music. I have accepted this as a "quirk" instead of a "flaw," lets just roll with it okay?