- Went on vacation to Cape Cod. Funny thing about vacation when you are the mom; it is the exact opposite of restful. The main issue being that as soon as we leave home, my kids stop sleeping. They stay up extra late riding my hump and then get up extra early to kick off the next day of, yup you guessed it, riding my hump. Sure the beach is great, and we had a great time, but by the ride home I am shattered.
- Vacation also equals illness. Without fail by the time we get home from anywhere, the kids are running fevers which, coupled with no sleep for the past 5 days, make them especially difficult. You know what is easy to manage in 90 weather? Fevers. So awesome.
- In light of all this, we are getting a stand alone AC unit for the living room. I hate the spend the money, not only on the unit, but in the resultant electric bills, but we can't do this. It will be 70+ (even in the dead of night) for the next 10 days to two weeks and that means my house never gets cooler than 75. Time to woman up and make our lives livable again.
- Chris' dream job has its posting en route to HR so we are keeping our fingers crossed that we can move forward on that soon.
- Been dreamily looking at real estate in the proposed area and it looks like we can easily find a house that has enough room, a short commute, stands in on of the state's top 10 school districts and is actually in our price range. A few are just a coat of paint or a new carpet away from being our dream home. Squeeee!
- I have been reading a ton lately (probably why I am not blogging come to think of it) and I finally caved and read The 50 Shades trilogy. It was everything I hoped for and more, both in scope of awfulness and sheer ridiculousness. I have a theory about why it has become so popular among women and it has nothing to do with the sex or the romance per say. More on that come Book Review Sunday.
- We saw Brave and loved it despite my earlier reservations. I think a lot of my points stand, and you can see some bits where Pixar just couldn't help make it a "boy thing," but my kids and I really enjoyed it.
- My little sister is betting married in three weeks and I am so excited. The girls and I get to dress up, be in the wedding and have a great time. Come the kids bedtime my wonderful MIL is going to whisk them away and then Chris and I can party in peace complete with a hotel room walking distance from the venue. Sweetness!
Stay cool everyone!