- Oil Cleansing Method (OCM)- I have now been doing this for almost two years, and I am still loving it. I can't pretend it has completely cleared up my skin, but I really only deal with maybe one or two blemishes a month instead of a non stop onslaught of deeply buried cystic acne break-outs. I will take my successes where I can get them. A $4.00 bottle of castor oil and a $8.00 bottle of olive oil will keep you in cleanser for a year.
- Nivea Creme- I use your grandma's cream, I look incredible. I use this on my face after I do the OCM. Sound insane, but it keeps my skin looking great and I am finding that just by being properly moisturized all the time, all those smile lines and lines around my eyes are looking less noticeable, or at least are not progressing as rapidly towards the desperate need for Botox. $5.00 or less for the big tub, mine has lasted a year.
- Wet-n-Wild Color Icon palette in Comfort Zone- picked this up on a whim to have a more portable eye shadow palette and now I am obsessed. The colors are great, the quality of the pigment is very good (comparable to my Sephora products, truly!) and at $4.99 for the 8 color collection, you can't beat that for excitement.
- Wet-n-Wild Megalast Nail Color- As you can tell, I have been finding all kinds of goodies at our local CVS. I have this in "2% Milk" and "Under Your Spell." The color takes two good coats to really "fill in," but the last round I did lasted 6 days, chip/peel free including me doing gardening. My toes have been looking amazing for well over a week now which is saying something given that I am running again and that is rough on the pedicure. These were 2 for $3.00 when I picked them up.
- Sugar Rose Tinted Lip Treatment- I got this as a sample and I love it. I use it in place of lipstick. Just a hint of color and feels like chapstick not like a chalky lipstick or a slimy gloss. I am not sure I will every buy this at $22.50 a tube, but I sure do love it. Now that I have been using it for a while I am hoping I can find a good CVS level knock-off.
- NARS Illuminator in Orgasm- This was another sample, but it is amazing. I use just a touch on my cheeks in place of blush or bronzer. It doesn't really leave any color that you notice, it just gives your face that subtle "glow." This really helps you look like you are alive and kicking even if you have not slept more than 6 hours in the past 3 days. Also pricey at $30.00 a tube, but again, a good facsimile must exist.
- Sally Hansen Simple Spa Wax Warmer and Wax- I am going to level with you, I have to wax my upper lip ever other week or look like a Marx brother. Add in eyebrows that grow up to my hairline (no joke, I will take pics next time I wax) and I need a good home wax kit. This one is great. Easy to use, as painless as waxing is going to get, you can use it anywhere your heart desires and requires no strips. Just plug it in, smear it on, pull it off and voila! The initial kit was $19.99 and the two pack of was refills is $9.99. Even with my frequent waxing schedule, I use maybe two pots of wax a year. Way cheaper than paying to have it done and I find this is a bit more effective that the Nads strips that I used to adore.
Any items I need to try? Anyone find a BB cream they really like? Let's share the beauty!