- I got my lady-troubles fixed. Once we overcame Diagnosis: FAT and Diagnosis: Breeder, I was actually able to fix my issue. Turns out, storing fibroids the size of varying sports-balls in your uterus is a bad idea. Who knew?
- We got Liz happily into kindergarten.
- I took a skiing lesson.
- The kids learned to swim.
- I got two jobs despite my threats to the contrary.
- I am a librarian now, which when I picked the name for this blog was always kind of my dream...so now I really am "The Well-Read Mom."
- I got the kids hooked on Harry Potter and if seeing your kids devour your fandom isn't happiness, well I don't know what is.
- We took more trips, I went to Vegas, the girls went camping, we took a family vacation to VT...travel with kids at 6 and 8 is so much better than travel with toddlers.
- Possibly related: my kids finally became human-ish...the days are getting easier in terms of logistics even if harder in terms of personalities, school, social stuff and attitudes.
- Chris kicked ass at his job, he will even be releasing a computer game he helped develop in the spring.
Some cruddy things happened too. I am now sick with some abdominal pain issues that is not my gallbladder, liver or anything at all as far as my GP can tell. (Probably hysteria am I right ladies?) My sister is dealing with some fertility issues. She has been a goddamn rock-star about the whole thing, but it has cast a slight pall over the year.
All in all, more good than bad, but still a bit....underwhelming. I feel like every year we get geared up for This Great New Year (TM), and somehow, it is all just more of the same. I mean, that is life. Putting one foot in front of the other and managing the constant onslaught of micro-crises, but I could just use something more. Keeping that feeling in mind, I am being very careful about my "resolutions" for the year. I want to keep them chill and centered on things that will bring me joy. Hopefully, this time next year I can say "yeah, I got some of my stuff done, and it was pretty good."